Understanding the hsbCompany folder is essential to work with our software.
This article will clarify the hsbDesign file structure.
In addition to the program Files there is also your company folder, the company folder holds all your custom user settings.
- The company folder is usually and recommended to be on a server, where everybody has access to it.
- The One-Point Source method for your organisation’s company folder is always recommended. For example, your company folder is located in one location, a server, and all your designer’s access information at that one location.
- The company folder is usually named ‘hsbcompany’ followed by the suffix ‘your company name. (hsbcompany_CompanyName)
In a typical company folder there are some files that regularly used and hold some custom settings that you as the designer will access often.
- Element Roof – Settings for roof elements e.g. rafter sizes and types, perimeter edge details etc…
- Stickframe – Settings for stick frame walls, e.g. timber sizes connection details, sheets sizes etc…
- Template – Location of the template file that your organisation will use for new projects and hsbDesign models.
- TSL – These are macros with variable settings that are assigned to hsbDesign elements in your hsbDesign model.
- TSL Catalog – The catalog folder is the central location where you can save and work with the user-defined catalog settings for TSL’s.
See Diagram below for graphical representation: